Monthly Goal Update – Jan 201410:00:00 a.m.
As promised in my last post, here is my progress report for the first month of 2014. Most people are all fired up in the initial weeks and gradually dwindle down by the end of the month, but in my case it was the opposite :). During the first two weeks, our maid went MIA, so I had to do the cleaning and stuff, which took up a lot of my time. But things got better after she came back (after some really weird excuses).
1. Health – Quite a bit of housework and cleaning the first two weeks, regular exercise 5 days/week after that. I’ve been following this pattern:
Mon – Total Body Workout – Levels 3 & 4
Tue – Tae Bo Cardio
Wed – Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred – Level 1
Thu – Tae Bo Cardio
Fri - Total Body Workout – Levels 3 & 4
This has kept things interesting by mixing up my workout CDs. As for food, I have cut down portions (a little). I’ve been logging everything at MyFitnessPal, but for all my efforts, my weight hasn’t budged :(.
2. Family – I read to Cub nearly every day before his nap, so that was good. But it was a bad month for crafts and ‘doing’ things together; even Lego didn’t get much air time :(. I have however banned some shows on TV and got him more interested in DVDs.
3. Time Management – I have been waking up at 5:00 the past few weeks and it’s really added value to my day. Getting the workout-shower-dressing out of the way before breakfast completely frees up my morning for more productive work. Now I need to work on getting dinner ready earlier.
I had made a plan to deep clean/declutter an area a day, but that always got pushed out as the lowest priority task. So I decided to keep Saturday for that, instead of my regular workouts. This works better for me.
4. Writing/Blogging – I’ve blogged as per plan this month, though no new opportunity has come up.
5. Budget – I’ve shopped a bit this month, but it’s stuff on my list and everything was on sale. Also bought some books.
6. Personal – I tried out a new outfit this month. I read two books – Jane Eyre and Quiet, though the latter is still in progress.
Overall, I’m proud of my forward strides in time management, especially since that is my biggest area of concern. I’m also glad of my working out, but I need to control the food part too. Reading is going good – for Cub and Me :). I’m also thinking of adding Zumba and Yoga in Feb.
So that’s how it was this month for me. How about you? If any of you are doing January updates, please leave a link in the comments, I’d love to come and visit!!